In this roundup, you’ll learn about paraphrasing services people use to communicate clearly. Sometimes, people use paraphrase APIs to get around software that looks for plagiarism. Finally, we will introduce you to API Layers Paraphrasing API, which you can implement into your software solutions. You can try it with a FREE API key until you need to scale it for your software requirements.
Table of Contents
Why would programmers want to use a paraphrasing API?
There could be many reasons you would want to code your application using a paraphrasing API.
- You might create a subscription service similar to Quillbot for writers who want to paraphrase their text.
- You might change content descriptions for e-commerce promotions to avoid duplicate social media posts. Twitter has a best practice rule that you can’t post the same content twice within 24 hours. You could send multiple unique promotions just by rephrasing the text with a paraphraser API.
- You might have found ideas you like but want to avoid copyright and plagiarism detectors.
- You might want to present your goods and services that sell differently from your competitors. Imagine you sold a drink like Coca-Cola. How would you describe it without using identical words from Coca-Cola’s marketing? A paraphraser tool might help.
- You might be using paraphrasing to generate unique content and improve website SEO. You might want to create multiple web pages with the same content but unique enough to be captured in different search listings.
- You might be testing a chatbot idea where you want the bot to reply by paraphrasing user content.
There are many reasons why you would develop an app that uses a paraphrasing API.
Some online text editing services such as Grammarly and Quillbot that include paraphrasing functionality have become multi-million dollar businesses.
What do paraphrasing tools do?
Paraphrasing tools, also known as content spinners, article rewriters, or sentence rephrasers, have one objective: to rephrase your material so that it achieves the amount of originality you seek while preserving the sense in which it was originally written.
A tool for paraphrasing is helpful if you are unsure of your writing abilities or do not know how to adjust the structure of your text while maintaining its meaning.
Why do people use paraphrasing services to avoid plagiarism checkers?
Many self-respecting people don’t like to be called plagiarists. It’s always hard to argue that something you created was very different from someone else’s work.
As well as the reputational damage of being a plagiarist, plagiarism has legal ramifications and can be considered a felony under particular state and federal laws. Although most cases of plagiarism are considered misdemeanours, punishable by fines of anywhere between $100 and $50,000, in extreme cases, plagiarists may face up to one year in jail.
Rewriting things in your own words isn’t always easy. Sometimes, without significant effort, it is hard to be concise or explain things better than the original author. Sometimes the most straightforward and unambiguous way of explaining something is how it was written in the original text. Online tools such as Quillbot listed below can help.
Paraphrasing tools available online
If you are interested in trying out a paraphrasing service before integrating API Layer’s paraphrasing API into your software or web service, check out these paraphrasing services people have created.
These paraphrasing services improve written communication, remove plagiarism, and improve SEO. Paraphrasing has many other professional applications.
- QuillBot: This comprehensive tool uses AI to help you paraphrase or rewrite paragraphs while refining your content.
- SEO Wagon: This Tool has more than 500,000 synonyms in its dictionary. Its article spinner engine suggests the best word to use. Your job is to choose the right one and replace it, keeping an eye on the content to make sure it makes sense.
- Pre-post SEO: This tool is safe for SEO. It can paraphrase without affecting keyword structure.
- CoderDuck: If you already have a lot of blog content, you can use CoderDuck article rewriter to turn it into new, similar blog posts in a matter of seconds.
- Spin Rewriter: Although more expensive than other paraphrasing services, Spin Rewriter combines paraphrasing with introducing stock photos. So not only does it generate plagiarism-free content for writers, but it also finds images to go with the text.
What motivates most people to try a paraphrasing service?
It does not matter if you are writing an academic paper, an article, a report, or some other form of written material; you are expected to provide original and complete findings.
Despite this, there is a possibility that duplicated information may be discovered in your work at some time or another, and this is true regardless of how skilled a writer you are.
You may easily and quickly ensure that your material is unique and original by using a tool designed specifically for that purpose.
People use paraphrasing services to change the words in their writing or the writing of others without changing the meaning. People use paraphrasing services to communicate ideas more effectively.
Two multimillion-dollar businesses that include paraphrasing functionality
Content generation is the internet’s most prominent business. Content and online communication are the driving forces for one of the fastest-growing economies on the planet. If your business relies on generating content, there is no time like the present to start producing. These two companies below have made millions from helping internet users with their content.
Grammarly was started in 2009 by Max Lytvyn, Alex Shevchenko, and Dmytro Lider to help people communicate better.
Many people might think that paraphrasing and text editing is for a niche academic market. That’s what the founders of Grammarly may have felt when they started MyDropbox.
Before they started Grammarly in 2002, the co-founders made software called MyDropbox that checked for plagiarism. By 2007, MyDropbox was used by about 2 million students at 800 universities.
Some people might think that if these co-founders had stuck with their original idea, they could have made MyDropbox available in more languages and reached a much bigger market in universities. Around the world, there are more than 31,000 universities, so MyDropBox could have become a huge success. The problem was that MyDropbox could only be used in academic settings, which made it hard for it to grow.
The co-founders realized there was an exponential demand outside of academia for using a service that helps people write and communicate better. In May 2017, Grammarly got $110 million from venture capitalists. The total funding for Grammarly is $400M. At the moment, Grammarly is worth $13B. At the moment, Grammarly makes an estimated $170.4M per year.
Grammarly is now based in the United States in San Francisco, California, and has offices in Vancouver, New York City, and Kyiv, Ukraine. Not bad for a concept that evolved from helping check student work for plagiarism.
Unless you have ever needed a paraphrasing service, you may have never heard of Quillbot, which is a relatively recent newcomer to the market.
Quillbot’s paraphrasing tool is now trusted by millions worldwide to rewrite sentences, paragraphs, or articles using state-of-the-art AI. QuillBot’s total funding tracked on Crunchbase is currently at $4.2M. Quillbot now makes estimated annual revenue of $5.08M.
Course Hero is an American website for education technology with headquarters in Redwood City, California. It runs an online learning platform where students can find study materials for their specific classes. Course Hero acquired QuillBot on Aug 19, 2021, for an undisclosed sum.
Create your paraphrasing tool with API Layer’s paraphrasing API
Maybe paraphrasing content will make it easier for you to create content for your business, or perhaps you want to make the next million-dollar app to help others make better content.
Now you have learned about the paraphrasing services available on the market. You might now be interested in introducing a paraphrasing API into your code.
You don’t need considerable resources to provide a paraphrasing service. Just implement APILayer’s easy-to-use paraphrasing API into your code.
You may have tried another software that promises excellent paraphrasing results but didn’t work as expected. With the free plan, we ensure you can try our paraphrasing API out before buying and that you’re happy with it.
Try APILayer’s paraphraser API free today and scale as needed!