Competition in today’s e-commerce applications is increasing day by day. Platforms that aim to stand out from the competition have been working on user interface and image quality recently. Platforms that offer users the ability to increase quality, flexible storage, and fast processing for images are always preferred. Today, the use of an image API such as an Image Upload API, which is an image expert, is quite popular.
An image API has become a must for e-commerce platforms. It allows users to make image edits quickly and safely. It also quickly stores the desired images with those upload requests and brings the uploaded images when requested. The unique images created by this API increase the demand for the user’s products. Although there are many popular image APIs today, we will introduce a game-changer API that can be used in almost every domain.
Table of Contents
What is the Image Upload API?
Image Upload API is an image REST API that is used not only in e-commerce platforms but also in many different platforms thanks to its unique infrastructure. It is one of the most remarkable APIs in the Images category, which is one of the popular categories under the APILayer.
Image Upload API is an image API with automatic cropping, orientation, and optimization capabilities. This is one of the most important features that distinguishes it from other APIs. For this reason, it works extremely compatible with e-commerce platforms in particular. Thanks to object detection, it automatically resizes and crops images for businesses and users to provide the best view when uploading images to their platforms.
Learn how to enhance image quality!
Moreover, another popular feature of this API is that it securely uploads and stores images. For the image uploads, users just need to use a post request, which is the upload method of an Image Upload API. It also offers its users an easy image management structure.
What are the Endpoints of the Image Upload API?
Image Upload API offers its users two different useful and easy-to-use endpoints for an image upload request. These are the upload and url endpoints.
The main difference between these endpoints is that one of them takes the image as a file and the other takes it as a URL. These two endpoints have common parameters. Now, we will list the parameters of the Image Upload API.
What are the Parameters of the Image Upload API?
- delay (required): An option to specify whether to add time to the image optimization process. Location: Query. Data Type: logical.
- upload (required): Image file or image URL that the user wants to upload and optimize. Location: Query | Body. Data Type: file.
- background (optional): A value that determines the background color of the image in HEX format (#f60 or similar). Location: Query. Data Type: string.
- callback (optional): An option that specifies whether to use the callback function. Location: Query. Data Type: logical.
- enhance (optional): A preference that specifies whether to apply image enhancement. Location: Query. Data Type: logical.
- height (optional): An option that specifies the desired height value of the image. Location: Query Data Type: integer.
- id_size (optional): A value that determines the size of the ID token, which can be an integer or a string. Location: Query. Data Type: string.
- lost (optional): A preference that specifies whether the image is lost during the healing process. Location: Query. Data Type: logical.
- mode_crop (optional): An option that specifies the crop mode for the image. Location: Query. Data Type: string.
- option (optional): An option that defines a preference for image processing. Location: Query. Data Type: string.
- quality (optional): An option that specifies the desired quality of the image. Location: Query. Data Type: integer.
- scale (optional): An option that specifies a scale factor used to resize the image. Location: Query. Data Type: integer.
- width (optional): An option that specifies the desired width of the image. Location: Query. Data Type: integer.
- x (optional): An option that determines the x-coordinate position of the image. Location: Query. Data Type: integer.
- y (optional): An option that determines the y-coordinate position of the image. Location: Query. Data Type: integer.
The sample response of the Image Upload API is:
As can be seen in the picture, it provides many detailed information about the uploaded image.
In summary, an image API provides an interface to application developers, businesses, and users that provides image loading, storage, and processing functions. They are frequently used on many platforms, especially e-commerce platforms. It quickly meets many image-related needs of its users.
Take a close look at the best image API in the market, and perform a fast integration with the integration codes for multiple programming languages in its unique documentation!
Q: Do the Endpoints of the Image Upload API Work with HTTP POST Requests?
A: Yes, they do. These endpoints perform image upload with HTTP POST request. It is sufficient to have an API key to use these endpoints.
Q: What is the Most Convenient Way to Upload Images for Processing?
A: Although there are many methods for uploading images for processing, using an image API is best practice. It provides fast image processing, storing, and retrieving to its users.
Q: Does the Image Upload API Allow Users to Upload Files?
A: Yes, it does. Image Upload API has two endpoints. The first of these is for uploading images with file upload. The other one works with the image URL.
Q: Does the Image Upload API Help Users Resize Image Without Losing Quality?
A: Yes, indeed. The Image Upload API does offer a swift and efficient resizing process while maintaining image quality.